Essays & Reviews
- Turning moments into hours, months and centuries: a review of Robert Dessaix’s Pleasures of Leisure, published in The Lifted Brow Review of Books in September 2017.
- Reading Ferrante: a masterclass in storytelling published by WQ (Writing Queensland) in September 2016.
- Postcards from Surfers: 30 years on published by Meanjin in November 2015.
- Not dead yet published in the Overland online magazine in July 2015.
- Lost and found in America: Cheryl Strayed’s Wild and Jon Krakauer’s Into the Wild first published in Kill Your Darlings 21, April 2015.
- The business of writing: what to tell your students published in the Overland online magazine in August 2014.
- Review of Boy, Lost published in the Australian Women’s Book Review in July 2014.
- Dreams, ambitions, realities: writing for work and writing for play published in The Emerging Writer in May 2013.
- Review of Just Kids published by Stilts in July 2012.
Profiles & features
- ‘Way of the Nomad’, a profile of nomadic vet Dr Campbell ‘Cozy’ Costello, published in QWeekend, the weekend magazine of The Courier-Mail in March 2017.
- Travel features ‘Take a bow, Bowen’, ‘Animal Attraction’ and ‘Whale Watch’, published in Detour, the official Greyhound publication, in July 2012.
- Travel article ‘Australia’s best summer music festivals’ published on NineMSN website in December 2010.
- Feature article ‘Looking forward to life after school’ published in Sydney Medical School magazine Radius in November 2010.
- Travel feature ‘Two to tango’, about tango dancing in Buenos Aires, published in Australian Marie Claire February 2007.